Friday 3 April 2015

Anthropologie inspired mouse in a match box house

I spent an afternoon creating this super cute mouse in a teeny match box house - time well spent. I was inspired by this gorgeous mouse from anthropologie.http://us.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/home-plushtoys/27405034.jsp#/

So cute, so I thought I'd create my own version with bits and bobs I found in my shed.
Supplies needed - card to create a stencil, white fabric, white and pink felt, pink ribbon, white and black cotton, pink and white embroidery thread and sewing needles.
I created a stencil from card. Cut out the main body of the mouse from the white fabric, then embroidered on a nose, eyes and mouth - too cute! I then created arms, legs and ears from the felt. I used white embroidery thread to embellish these. I also cut some pink ribbon for a tail.
I put the main body parts right sides together leaving space at the bottom to turn out. Then stuffed and stitched closed. I then stitched on my ears, arms, legs and tail. She looked a little indecent - so I made a pretty skirt and of course a humble abode.
I used fabric scraps to create a mattress, pillow and blanket. The house is a slightly larger match box covered in pretty paper and silver glitter down the sides.

This is going to be a pressie for my niece, I hope she loves her as much as I do. 

Becky xx








No comments:

Post a Comment