Tuesday 17 February 2015

Pretty wall flag

On a long walk with Bets yesterday I noticed how many sticks and branches were on the floor and I thought I just need to make something with these. So after wrestling Betty for them I managed to get a few home and had the idea of making wall flags. I normally create hoops, but I thought if these turn out well it'd be great, a bit different and free! 
,
I created a template and choose my material. This is a gorgeous duvet cover from a charity shop for £1.50. I love lookng for fabric in charity shops, you can find such gorgeous fabric and heaps of it for not very much at all. 
After choosing my fabric I cut out the first thing that came to my mnd, my little owl and used my stamps to stamp dream big. I used my machine to free embroider it all in place.
I put the right sides together, stitched closed and turned the right way. I then used a top stitch, attached trim and ribbon for inserting the stick. I finished with pink bakers twine for hanging.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and plan to make more! Lots more. I want to make a super bright retro fox next time. I'm not sure what a retro fox is but I need to find out....

Would love to see if anybody else out there likes it?

Becky x






No comments:

Post a Comment