Monday 8 July 2013

Easy and delish cherry tomato and red pepper soup

For me soup is an all rounder, some people only see soup as a winter day warmer, but I love it anytime.
I'm trying to be less wasteful and I always seem to have some lonely cherry tomatoes and red peppers left over, so I thought I'd make a soup for lunch tomorrow. 
It tastes delish! 
And even better it's super quick and easy.

You'll need...
About 200g cherry tomatoes - chopped
1 medium peeled and chopped potatoe
1 medium chopped onion
200ml veg stock
Salt and pepper
Basil (optional)

What to do...
Heat some oil or butter in a saucepan and add the potatoes. After a few minutes add the chopped onions. After a few minutes add tomatoes and peppers and cook for five minutes, stirring often.
Add salt,pepper, basil and veg stock. Simmer for five minutes, stirring often.
Then blitz it all up in a blender or using a handheld blender.

Then... Enjoy with some bread.

I wonder what it tastes like cold? May have to try that out X


No comments:

Post a Comment