Saturday 20 October 2012

Beautiful Bows xxx

Beautiful Bows


Two Polka Dot Bows
Hello I have been busy making some cute bows for family, friends and my first craft fair as Lovely Betty, excited! Haven't crafted for a week or so...... and have decided on an October resolution (why not?), I am going to craft and blog a post/tutorial once a week! I hope my October resolutions work out better than my January ones..

I thought I'd share how I make my bows. So here goes my first tutorial...

Supplies needed
16cm by 14cm fabric rectangle
Ribbon
Button
Stong glue
35mm crocodile hair clip


1. Cut a rectangle 16cm by 14cm. Cut a 5cm length of ribbon and choose a button.
2. Fold in length ways so the fabric meets in the middle, then fold in the two sides so they meet in the middle. Press with an iron. Then using a zig zag stitch, sew down the middle to secure.

3. Pinch your rectangle together to make a bow. Then hand sew through to secure. Stitch your ribbon on around the middle and hand sew your button on top.


4. Now your bow is ready to be attached to your crocodile clip. Use a strong glue and hold in place with two larger clips while drying.

Once dry, voila, your bow is ready. Pin in your hair and do a little dance!

Go bow crazy and make lots in different colours, with or without buttons.
Strawberry Hair Clips
Two Patchwork Bows
Feel free to check out my etsy shop for a look at me little bows https://www.etsy.com/listing/106912840/two-patchwork-bows. Be lovely if you stopped by for a browse.

Thanks for reading and hope I've inspired you to have a go. Feel free to leave me your comments/pictures of your bow/little dance.

Have a lovely weekend Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment